Monday, August 1, 2016

Feeling Sketchy sketch and Fab Scraps products



Today at Feeling Sketchy I am using their sketch to create this card and my Fab Scraps C87 Journey in Time Collection. Together it is a perfect masculine Birthday card.



FOR THIS CARD YOU WILL NEED:
Paper: C87 Journey in Time Collection and Card Kit 
Other: Cardstock, SRM stickers, twine, brad, micron black pen
Sketch: Feeling Sketchy

INSTRUCTIONS:

STEP #1: Pull all the possible prints of paper you have in mind. Choose an accent from the card kit. I am using a sketch from Feeling Sketchy but you can create using what ever inspires you. I liked this design because of the diagonal design and the tag. 

STEP #2: I started by shaping the diagonal, the tag and a background.

STEP #3: I wanted an added background for more colour and depth and then I pulled the bicycle print to form the diagonal border of bikes. It was a perfect match. I also found the die cut car in the card kit.

STEP #4: I assembled without gluing to be sure I didn't was to add anything else. It was basically what I liked so I put it together. I always work on a singe sheet base and after the card is designed I add the front to the full card base.

STEP #5: By making the single card front to apply to base 1st it allows you to add some accents like the twine wrapped around and the brad ..... both went either around or through the single and make applying to the card base easy.

STEP #6: I added the additional SRM stickers, alpha, sentiment and black pen doodled around the tag. 

This collection is great for travel.. but I am loving it also for some masculine cards that suit so many occasions.  Creating with sketches are always so inspiring.

Thanks for joining me today. 

2 comments:

LisaM said...

What a stunning wedding layout Bev! Love, love, love it! BL

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifulllllllllllllllllllllll
Gr Karin